Sunday, November 14, 2010

Book Review: Hekate Her Sacred Fires


Hekate is my matron Goddess, so when I found Hekate Her Sacred Fires by Sorita D'Este, I knew I had to have it! The book itself is quite large, with a beautifully illustrated cover, and pictures throughout. The first part of the book gives you some background on the Goddess Hekate, like her history, stories, herb and crystal associations, offerings and much more. Then the rest of the book consists of personal experiences people have had with the Goddess. These people come from all over the world and they have shared their story of how they discovered Hekate. I found these stories to be very interesting, inspiring and comforting.

The book was fantastic, and all the individual stories really touched me. What I found interesting, is that once you've read a few of them, you start to see a pattern forming. That even though each story is very different, the core feeling and experience is the same. What I also found interesting, is that I too experienced the same feeling when I discovered Hekate. Reading this book has really helped me to understand why Hekate has come into my life, and what her message is for me. Because it is different for everyone.

It was also very comforting to listen to these different people talk about their experiences, because we can relate. And it helps us as individuals to understand and have a stronger relationship with the Goddess. I think this particular style of book is a great idea, and I hope that Sorita D'Este will plan to do another in the future. It is so valuable in all the information it gives. Not just info on the Goddess, but experiences with her, which mean so much more. Experience in this field means the most. You can learn all you want about the Goddess and her history, but until you experience it, you will never truly understand her ways.

At the end of the book, Sorita gives you the Rite of Her Sacred Fires to perform on your own. It is to be performed on the night of a full moon.

For those of you who love Hekate, or just started learning about her, this book is for you. I highly recommend this book for anyone on her path. Sorita has recently developed The Covenant of Hekate, for those who would like to take their relationship with this Goddess to the next level. In order to join you must first perform the rite of Her Sacred Fires, then mail in your info.

Enjoy learning about this wise dark Goddess! Thank you Sorita for another great book!

Blessings )O(

1 comment:

  1. This sounds very interesting. I am just learning about Hecate and I made an oil to celebrate her. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I appreciate your support! Many blessings to you )O(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...